Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The Ecstasy and The Agony...

I was thrilled with my 18 inch platter. It turned out how I envisioned it and just as importantly, it didn't crack!  I put 3 textured lugs on for feet. Here it is...
Well, when I opened the kiln I was ecstatic! It made it through bisque. Then I lifted up the platter and 2 of the feet were crumbled on the kiln shelf. Nooooooooooo! They must have been damp still dang it.

After I recovered I decided to make this a giant test tile. I  made two more platters and I'll report back when they are done. Here is the test for your enjoyment. My favorites are the shinos where I sand off the glaze over the texture and the root beer. Click on the pic to get full size.

4 comments:

  1. That a great use for your beautiful tray. I guess that like "If life gives you lemons, make lemonade"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool. I liked the sanded of experiment wiht the shinos.

    ReplyDelete